Sunday, February 26, 2012

1-2-3 Magic

I read this book recommended on 71 Toes, and since it was right on the shelves at my library, I picked it up.

It. Is. Fabulous.

It's an engaging read, and I found myself nodding my head like an eager bobble head as I read it. We've instituted the 1-2-3 method, and I noticed a HUGE difference around our house in 24 hours. I kid you not. I'm sure not everyone would have such dramatic results, but not everyone is struggling like I was.

I have discovered that I am a mother who talks WAY too much. And even though I knew it aggravated the heck out of my kids, I didn't really know of a better option. In one part of the book it says that some kids would rather cut off their left leg than lose a good battle of words. We have one who carries a bone saw around with him at all times, so this book has been a lifesaver.

This book has turned a huge light bulb on around here, and although you all probably aren't stumbling around in the dark like us, you might still like a little more illumination anyway.

0 comments:

Post a Comment