Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Kidding

Kate,
It's been such a busy time. School ends next week and then we are on to summer! I love this time of year. We had company until last Saturday and had a great time. I do really enjoy having my in-laws come and visit. The kids think it's a special treat as well.

Today was going to be a catch up day, but instead I had a sick child and two pairs of glasses that got broken over the weekend and needed fixing. Then, this afternoon, our goat decided to kid. We had two very cute kids. A little doe and a buckling. I'm not sure I am cut out for this kidding stuff! I always get so nervous and worry about how the doe will do...can you believe it? I guess being a nurse fits my personality and carries over into the animal realm. I do have to say it is a very neat experience to see a birth take place, be it a person or a goat. Here are some not so good photos of our very cute kids. Now it's time to gear up for cheese making. I'm hoping to perfect goat cheese this summer! We can't wait for you to come and play this summer!




I hope it's a great day! It's a big one for you!
Love,
Amy

0 comments:

Post a Comment