Friday, October 14, 2011

Ramblings

Sisters,

I don't have anything real substantial to post about, just a few random thoughts:

* Isn't this a great quote? “The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it. You either have to laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh. Crying gives me a headache.”― Marjorie Pay Hinckley

* I just found this recipe on a blog I like to follow and I can't wait to try them. Pumpkin + Ginger = DELICIOUS! I think I will commission Alex to make them this weekend. :)

* I watched this Mormon Message yesterday and it made me cry. I am recommitting to enjoying more of those important daily moments that make up my life. And I'm recommitting to being a more patient, gentle, and fun mother.

* A friend of mine brought us some homemade potstickers last week to put in our freezer and take out as part of a quick meal anytime. I had Alex make this soup on Sunday to go with them. Oh how I love this soup! You have to try it sometime soon. I would strongly suggest using the coconut milk and the Madras-style curry powder (which I think you can probably find at most grocery stores). SO YUMMY!

* I've been looking for fun, easy things to do with the girls while on bed rest. We made these spiders last week and they had a ball making and then playing with them. I love inexpensive, cute decorations that you can make at home!

* When my sister-in-law, Liz, was here helping us a few weeks ago, she convinced me to buy this stick vacuum. Ah-mazing! I LOVE it. This is a really quality, fantastic product. It's changed my days!

* I think you have all probably heard by now the funny story of how we now own 4 vehicles.... a 1966 Ford truck, a 1985 Suburban, a 1999 Honda Civic, and a 2005 Toyota Highlander. It makes me laugh every time I walk out to the parking lot to see our fleet. Anyone want to buy a car??? Seriously. I'm not kidding. (Preferably one of the older ones... ha ha!)

* Thank you again, Michelle, for sending us those fun dress up clothes! The girls spend hours every day playing dress up. They just love it. They have never seen any of the Disney princess movies, but somehow they know all of the character's names and take turns pretending to be different princesses.

2 comments:

Liz said...

I made those pumpkin ginger cookies tonight. They were good, but I couldn't taste the pumpkin. They tasted like gingersnaps, and I think my gingersnap recipe is better. Maybe if I held off on the ground ginger a bit the pumpkin flavor would come through a bit more?? Overall they were fine, but not what I expected.

This is the recipe for the gingersnaps I made for you last fall:
http://sommerkorn.wordpress.com/2011/03/08/chewy-gingersnaps/

I'm so glad you like your vac!

Gaddzooks! said...

I totally want to make those spiders with my boys. I know they'd LOVE them! Thanks for the idea.

Post a Comment