Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Fresh Lime Juice


Dear Kate,
I've decided to share with you one of the ways I live on a little less. As you know I really enjoy cooking and have found that I like to use my freezer when it comes to saving money. I found limes last week for 12 cents each...what a bargain. I bought 8...should have bought more. Tonight I am juicing them with my little antique hand juicer and then freezing the juice in ice cube trays. After it's frozen I put it in a freezer bag marked and dated. Then whenever I need fresh lime juice for a recipe, I have what I need. It's so convenient and much better than the bottles of juice. I have loved it, especially in fresh salsa in the summer. Each cube is about 2 Tablespoons. I also do this with lemons and with the leftover pineapple juice from canned pineapple. I love the pineapple juice in my green smoothies. You'll have to try it and let me know what you think.

Have a great day in the cold state of Wisconsin. We are experiencing weather in the high 50's...it's been great!
Love,
Amy

1 comments:

Kate said...

Love, love, love this idea! We use lime and lemon juice in a lot of things, but it's always so expensive...or it expires before I used it all up. This is a fabulous way to save money and still enjoy the flavor of fresh citrus. Thanks, Ames!

Post a Comment