Thursday, March 25, 2010

Recipe: My Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie...the Healthier Version


Kate,
Today I decided to be the perfect mom and have chocolate chip cookies waiting for an after school snack. You know I am always trying to make things a little healthier, so I tried it with my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe. I have always used whole wheat flour and even sucanat, but this time I made additional changes. They turned out very yummy. I even took some to my neighbor and she gave them a thumbs up. You really can't tell that they are better for you...now I must say they are not great for you, so you'd better not eat the entire batch!!
Here's the recipe...
1/2 cup butter softened (I want to try decreasing this, but haven't perfected that yet)
1/3 cup melted coconut oil
3 Tbsp. applesauce (non-sweetened)
2 cups sucanat (sometimes I use a little less)
Cream
Then add:
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp baking powder (non-aluminum type)
1 tsp. baking soda
2 1/2 cups regular oatmeal blended in blender until powdered (usually blend 1 cup at a time for best results)
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 package chocolate chips
Raisins and nuts if desired

Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until done (do not over bake)

Let me know what you think. I think you'll like them! I have some fun Easter things I want to share with you...I can't wait!
Love,
Amy

1 comments:

Rit said...

Please send samples!

Post a Comment