Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Another birthday and a Flip Flop birthday cake




Kate,
What fun things you are doing. I hope to have a little more time after this week. Last weekend was great and very full. We had a birthday party, delayed family Easter party, scout campout, wedding reception and birthday dinner, let alone the other basic items that happen to keep a family running.

I wanted to show you the cake I made for Em. She wanted another princess cake, but after doing that for the past two years, I looked for another idea. She is a flip flop girl, so when I found this cake idea, I knew it was it!

Here's the link for the directions, but I wanted to let you know what worked for me. After cutting the flip flops out using their template, I froze the cake over night. I then put on a thin crumb coat of frosting and froze it again. I found this worked great to keep the crumbs from sticking to everything. I also neglected to get some silk flowers, so as you can see I made mine from the fruit rolls. I also used M&M's because that is what I had. She loved the cake and the family seemed to as well. All in all the birthday party, dinner and cake turned out well. I'll have to give you a run down on the party sometime. We had 9 little girls over for a "night at the spa". There were a lot of loud giggles, squeals, etc. The noise level was incredible, but they all seemed to have a great time!

I hope it was a great day at the park!
Love,
Amy

0 comments:

Post a Comment