Thursday, April 22, 2010

Kate,
Life has been so busy lately and I haven't found time for blogging. Things are settling down a bit and I'm feeling very similar to what you've described in your previous post. I can't decide if it's spring, knowing the kids will be out of school in a month or just life. I also want to organize and declutter our lives. I need to reread "How to Organize Just about Everything" so I have a clear direction. I also have the feeling that once all six children are around for the summer, there's not even a chance of me getting on top of the game, if I'm not at that point.

There are some things that have helped me stay a little more on top of things that I would like to share with you. I feel that paper piles are always a problem. The counter can be clean until everyone comes home from school...then it's a mess! I'm still working on solutions, but have found that if I clear it daily, it helps. I also try to throw away any mail I can before I come back into the house. I have some magnet clips on the back door. I put coupons that I know I'll be using that week, papers that need to be given to someone, and even signed papers for the kids to return to school in those clips. This has helped. I also have binders for each one of the kids on a shelf in a closet close to my kitchen. I put any papers, pictures, certificates etc. that we want to save in their binder. This way it is usually organized by date and can easily be used to scrapbook at a later time. I have found this decreases my paper clutter and piles greatly.

I do love "to do" lists and crossing off things. I try to print a new one off every Sunday with specifics for that week under each day. I also have some tasks that I would like to get done listed at the bottom...these include some of the projects that I'm not sure I'll have time for. It is so rewarding for me to be able to look back and see what I've actually accomplished especially on those days I don't feel like I've done anything!

I'm right there with you. It will be fun to hear specifics on what you are doing.
Thanks for sharing,
Amy

0 comments:

Post a Comment