Thursday, April 29, 2010

In Absentia

Dear Amy,

Thank you so much for sharing the rhubarb cake recipe. YUM! I can't wait to try it. I absolutely love the bitter taste of rhubarb. And if Dad gave it two thumbs up, it must be divine. With that man's sweet tooth...

I'm sorry I haven't written lately. It's truly been due to a complete and total lack of time. Things have been crazy around here lately. We are just about to finalize our adoption of the boys and between paperwork, communication with case workers, scheduling hearings and planning an adoption celebration, I feel like that has become a full-time job in and of itself.

We've also continued to look at houses. I know...ridiculous. I said we were going to stay put for another year or so. I know. I know. But Rit kept looking at houses online and then our Realtors (and good friends) took a more active approach to finding us a house. Plus, I found it really hard to ignore the home buyers tax credit. I mean, let's face it, we really, really need more space. And I would truly love a closet for my clothes...any closet...and more than three kitchen cupboards...oh, and a garage. I can't remember the last time I parked in a garage. Sigh. So, we've been going through houses every chance we have.

All of this has equated to a complete and total lack of time...but not a lack of love! My absence is in no way a reflection of my undying adoration of my older (and wiser) sister. Plus, I haven't even started my garden! I'm hesitant since we may be moving...maybe not...I don't even know. We live in such limbo these days. But I do find myself drooling over the garages (and cupboard space) of others.

I do have a few things I want to share about some reading I've been doing lately in support of THE FOOD REVOLUTION OF 2010 (said in a loud booming voice for emphasis). I'll wait until Friday so as to really boost the suspense.

Much love,
Kate

0 comments:

Post a Comment